The top panel of the pincushion measures 5 inches across and the side panels are 2 inches tall. The pincushion top features a lovely EPP snowflake that is appliqued on a solid background. The applique side panels form a continuous snowy woodland with a smattering of little cottages between the trees.
We stitched our model entirely by hand. However, you can also use a sewing machine for the side panel applique as well as the pincushion assembly. Pick your favorite technique and join us for the first pincushion pattern in this series!
*This is a PDF pattern available for instant download. Nothing will be shipped to you.*
The Quilted Pincushion Pattern includes:
- Detailed step-by-step instructions
- Full-size diagrams of all the panels of the pincushion
- Hexagon templates to print and cut out
- Full-size templates of all the applique shapes that can be printed on freezer paper or other template material
- Mirror-image full-size templates for those who prefer techniques requiring reversing the applique shapes
A lovely way to add seasonal decor to your sewing space and showcase your collectible handmade pins.
A Year of Pincushions is a series of 12 monthly pincushions that we will be releasing throughout 2021. The different pincushions feature a variety of techniques. They will include English paper piecing, foundation paper piecing, hand applique, machine applique, and a bit of embroidery for embellishment. Make your favorite pincushion or collect all 12 of them throughout the year! Each pincushion features exquisite and delightful detail and is sure to add a beautiful touch to any sewing corner as well as hours of fun creativity.